Dianabol Oral commonly known as Dbol is a powerful anabolic steroid. It is available both in injectable and oral form, though the usage of oral form is more common. The features and effects of Dbol Oral are being reviewed here. This drug is very popular among bodybuilders who need fast and quick results. Along with it some serious side effects that could result in liver damage.
Composition of Dbol
It is a C17-alpha alkylated oral anabolic, bulking steroid. It is often called “King of mass “as a person can put on 20 pounds of weight within a few weeks of Dbol usage. The features of Dbol are
- Increases strength
- Increases appetite
- Increases bone mineral density
Effects of Dbol on Women
It causes virilization in women with effects like deepening of the voice, increased facial hair and body hair. It can also cause insomnia, mood swings, irregular menstrual cycles, more masculine features. Hence it is not for women.
Dbol has several dramatic side effects. It must be taken under a doctor’s supervision. Some of them are –
- Oily skin
- Body hair growth
- Hair loss
- Causes male pattern baldness
- High blood pressure
- Water retention. It causes bloated look. This is generally lost once the pill is stopped.
- Suppresses good cholesterol ( HDL ) and increases bad cholesterol ( LDL ) significantly
- suppress natural testosterone production
- Increases risk of heart disease and Type II Diabetes
- Promotes gynecomastia which is the formation of breast tissue, and is often first observed as itchy and sore nipples in its early stages.
- Causes severe liver stress and could result in liver damage. The liver cannot breakdown C17-alpha alkylates and allows the drug to enter into the blood stream which is very dangerous to the body. Avoid alcohol and over the counter medications during this period as Dbol causes great stress on the liver. Alcohol is an anti-performance substance with this drug. Dosage and duration should be carefully chosen. A single dosage leads to unstable concentration in blood level and high strain on the liver. It is advised to split the dosage. Monitoring the liver function values during the usage of this drug is suggested so that any abnormalities can be addressed properly.
Post Cycle Therapy
The side effects of Dbol will not just go away once the pill is stopped. Hence the need for a post cycle therapy plan is a must with this drug to recover from the severe effects. The PCT should include SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators) to recover the production of testosterone in the body. A 4 -6 weeks PCT is appropriate in most cases. Because of the toxicity of Dbol, a good liver protection supplement should be taken during the cycle.
Healthy diet plays a vital role in any bodybuilding programme followed by physical exercise and only then the supplements are effective. The usage of Dbol should be done only under a doctor’s advice and should be monitored regularly because of the potent nature of the supplement.